All the students in the country wish to pursue their higher studies after completing 12th with science stream, where physics, chemistry, Biology/Mathematics are the main subjects. Although earlier it was thought that the students of science, especially mathematics branch have only engineering as a career option for getting good jobs in industries, and IT sector because it was assumed that many lucrative jobs are offered to students, who have an engineering degree from IITs and NITs but nowadays, this perception have been changed. Now, there are many other good career options are available for 12th PCM passed out students, other than the degree of engineering. The list of top career options for 12th pass out students are appended as:
• Bachelor of Architecture: It is a 5-years program, in which students learn the scientific principle of building construction and designing. The eligibility criteria of this program is a minimum of 50% marks in the 12th class. The minimum salary package is 2.5 lacs to 5.0 lacs per annum after completing this course.
• Aeronautical Engineering: Although, we mentioned that the engineering program is not popular among the students nowadays, due to other versatile career options in various domains, but we can’t skip the importance of the Aeronautical Engineering program. It is completely different from the other engineering programs, like mechanical engineering, electrical, electronics, and computer sciences. This program teaches the student about the new technologies in the field of aerodynamics, satellite, spacecraft and aircraft designing. These programs also offer specialization like designing, navigational and construction etc, and after completing this course one can start their career from govt agencies and public sectors.
• Cyber Security and Ethical Hacking : This program has become popular among the students of all streams, due to the use of the internet all over the world. Cyber security is need for everyone to prevent unwanted cyber attacks and to secure personal data from the hacker. The cyber security job is full of challenges but provides secure career options in the field of banking, defence sector, and private organization.
• B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science):
It is an undergraduate course of 3 years which is divided into semesters and an annual scheme as per UGC guidelines. The eligibility to pursue this course is a minimum of 55% in the 12th class, but the right of admission in colleges are as per their prescribed cutoff marks of 12 the class. The average course fee for this course is around 30,000 in metro cities, but sometimes it depends on other parameters like affiliating university, instructors, faculties, ranking, grading and placements etc. B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) degree is possible in various streams like B.Sc. (Biology), B.Sc. (Mathematics), B.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Sc. (Agriculture), and B.Sc. (Forensic Science), B.Sc. (Fashion Designing), B.Sc. (Statistics), B.Sc. (Aviation), B.Sc. (Geology), B.Sc. (Computer Science), B.Sc. (Animation and Multimedia), B.Sc. (Physical Science) etc. These courses provide versatile job and career options like UPSC (Civil Services), RPSC, Banking sectors, LIC, SSC, RSMSSB, SSB, CDS and AFCAT etc.
• BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration):
It is 3 years professional degree course which is divided into semesters and years as per affiliating university. The students of this course may get jobs in the field of HR, Project Manager in IT sectors, Sales, Marketing, Education, Finance sectors etc. This course offers the complete knowledge of leadership skills, which is the main requirement of every business administrator and entrepreneur. The BBA graduates may get the minimum 3 LPA to 5 LPA average salary in India.
• BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application):
It is 3 years undergradaute degree course which basically focuses on the basic to advanced knowledge of computer application and software development. The minimum eligibility to pursue this course is minimum 55% marks in 12th class from any stream, but admission right is also depand on the college and university cutoff marks. The BCA graduates students may get the jobs in the top companies like HP, Accenture, Cognizant, Infosys, TCS and Amazon on average salary 2LPM to 8 LPM. This course is considered second most popular course after the B.Tech.
Dr. Tarun Sharma
HOD, Department of Science
Biyani Group of Colleges