Immunity is the ability of our immune system which helps us to fight against pathogen that causes disease. Immunity are of two types one is innate immunity which is provided by our parents or by birth and second one is acquired immunity which we are gaining after birth when we are in contact with harmful pathogen. Immunity is the only one which helps us to protect ourselves from harmful pathogen or disease and their effects. So, here is a necessity to build up the immunity power or strength.
There are so many methods which are adopted by us as practicing yoga, doing meditation and taking some immunity boosting agents to boost our immunity nature has given us the wonderful creations which involves various kinds of plants. rather than using different synthetic immunity boosting agents, there is a need to focus on the advantage and benefit of using natural plant and plant products to reduce the higher risk factor of abnormality of synthetic agent on body’s other part which is known as their side effect. There are so many plants as Tulsi, Neem which are using by us from our childhood or they are given to us by mother as a medicine to cure some infectious diseases. So, I will explain some example of plants, plant compound and their benefits for human health as:
- Papaya: It is a rich source of vitamin C. It is widely used to improve the digestion of our food. It has papain enzyme which break down the fatty acid into smaller fatty acid which is easily digestible. It is also rich in potassium, folate, vitamin A, antioxidant and vitamin E.
- Garlic: Garlic is used to enhance the flavor of the food but it is also known as “Immunity Boosting Superstar”. In Egypt, garlic is treated as currency because one clove of garlic contains 5 gram of calcium, 12 grams of potassium and more than hundred sulfuric compounds. All compounds are helpful in immunity boosting. It is advisable to take garlic as raw because in cooked form these compounds are degraded.
- Green Tea: it contains Flavonoid which is a main component for antioxidant property. It has epigallocatechin (EGCC). It is advisable to take green tea rather than fermented tea because the main component EGCC is degraded in the fermented tea during fermentation and it lost its antioxidant property also. It also contains the amino acid L-theanine which boosts germs fighting cells.
- Ginger: it is easy available, beneficial and cost-effective plant product. It decreases inflammation. According to the Australian journal, Ginger has its main component “gingerly” which is helpful for reduction in chronic pain and higher cholesterol value. Key is also helpful in killing of drug resistance bacterial infection.
- Spinach: It is rich source of vitamin C and beta carotene. It is helpful for generation and boosting of infection fighting cells. It has also many minerals as calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and folate.
- Citrus Fruits: They are rich in Vitamin C. It is very helpful in production of white blood cells which is the main infection fighting cell of immune system. Here I want to know that our body is not able to produce vitamin C by its cellular metabolism so there is a need to take one citrus fruit daily to boost immunity.
Keywords:- Plants, Vitamins, Immunity, Strength.
Blog By :- Rajshri Nagar