1) According to binomial system name of any plant species consist of two names.
For E.g.: Solanumtuberosum (botanical name of Potato)
The first name show generic name& second name show specific name.
Both names should not be same.
2) Length of generic name and specific name should not be less thanthree letters and more than two letters.
3) First letter of generic name should be in capital letter& specific name should be in small letter.
4) When written these names they should be underlined but during the time of printing, they should be italic.
5) Name of the scientist should be written in short letter after the specific name.
6) Scientific name should be derived from Latin or Greek language.
Author: Neetu Rawat