Mathematics is the beauty of the sciences. It is seen that mathematics plays an important role in the field of science and technology and even in our daily life too. We can’t imagine our life without mathematics. The importance of mathematics can be observed from early morning to late night activities in our daily life. It plays an important role in understanding the concept of building designing, aircraft modelling, designing of different objects and apparatus in the field of engineering and technology. It is divided into two categories such as pure mathematics and applied mathematics. Applied mathematics deals with a real-world problem, including engineering problems, innovation and development in the field of automobile industries space technology etc., whereas pure mathematics deals with the fundamentals of mathematics from ancient times to the present time. Although, pure mathematics is the foundation of all branches of mathematics. Mathematics is also considered a scoring subject in science; one can get full marks in this subject by using the following tips.
Tips for scoring marks in mathematics:
- Read the question paper carefully, before starting answering.
- Attempt the most comfortable question for answering first.
- Write the complete answer at one place of the answer book.
- Use a pencil or multicolour pen for writing the formulas and important steps of answers.
- Write the answers in steps, use formulae, charts, tables etc. for answering the questions.
- Don’t overwrite, keep your answering book neat and clean.
- Maintain accuracy and speed.
- Be familiar with the calculator, if allowed in the examination.
- Highlight the final findings, proves, etc.
- Use proper figures and graphs which explain the answers.
- Revise the whole syllabus at least two or three times, before seating in the examination.
- Revision and practice is the best advice for getting good marks in mathematics.
- Always use standard books and notes.
- Don’t rely on shortcut tricks and an easy approach.
- Smart learning is always helpful for scoring high marks.
- Use online lecture series, video lectures for understanding the concept of the subject.
- Attempt the unfamiliar question at the end.
- Don’t misguide the examiner, just write to the point.
- Always use the teacher’s notes and recommended books.
- Read the syllabus carefully, and write the answers as asked in the question paper.
The above-discussed tips are useful for scoring good marks in mathematics, one can also add more tips according to their circumstances. In the present section, we are giving some important books list which is helpful for scoring maximum marks in mathematics.
List of books for B.Sc. , M.Sc. ( Mathematics) and JRF-NET syllabus :
Differential equation :
- Ordinary Differential Equations: Principles and Applications (Cambridge IISc Series)
- Differential Equations by Shepley L. Ross
- Ordinary and Partial Differential Equations by Dr. M.D. Raisinghania
- Mathematical Analysis by S C Malik and Arora
- Basic Real Analysis by Houshang H. Sohrab
- Elements of Real Analysis by Narayan Shanti and Raisinghania M.D.
- A Basic Course in Real Analysis by Ajit Kumar S. Kumaresan
- Golden Real Analysis by N.P. Bali
- Introduction to Real Analysis, by Donald R. Sherbert Robert G. Bartle
Linear Algebra :
- Linear Algebra by Kenneth M Hoffman
- Linear Algebra and Its Applications by Gilbert Strang
- Schaum’s Outline of Linear Algebra by Seymour Lipschutz, Marc Lipson
- Linear Algebra by Friedberg
Abstract Algebra :
- Lectures in Abstract Algebra: III. Theory of Fields and Galois Theory by N. Jacobson
- Lectures in Abstract Algebra I: Basic Concepts by N. Jacobson
- A Course in Abstract Algebra by Vijay K Khanna and S K Bhambri
- Basic Abstract Algebra by Bhattacharya
- Contemporary Abstract Algebra by Joseph A. Gallian
- An Integrated Approach to Numerical Analysis with C++ programming by Dr. Sanatan Das
- Fundamentals of Engineering Numerical Analysis by Parviz Moin
- Introductory Methods of Numerical Analysis by Sastry S.S
- Finite Differences & Numerical Analysis by Saxena H.C.
- Numerical Analysis by Richard L. Burden and J. Douglas Faires
- Numerical Methods: For Scientific And Engineering Computation by Mahinder Kumar Jain
- Numerical Analysis by Shanker G. Rao
- Applied Numerical Analysis Using MATLAB, by Fausett
- Numerical Methods in Engineering & Science with Programs in C, C++ & MATLAB by B. S. Grewal
These books are recommended by various universities for their undergraduates and postgraduates mathematics courses and are easily available online and offline mode.
Blog By :
Dr. Tarun Sharma
HOD (Department of Science)
Biyani Group of Colleges