We live in an era where educated and skilled individuals have better and more successful lives. The interviewer is also focused on hiring a person that has knowledge in specific fields.Whenever choose a career, please keep it in mind that career is after you have done something. Over thinking will always make you take a wrong decision. Keep calm and plan one by one –
You have to choose what basic education you should take to become competent for a profession.Don’t follow money, it will come if you work hard and whichever field you go. What matters is a balanced life, a balance between professional and personal life. If you follow money, you will realize that you have lost the goal of life. And it will be too late then!
If you want to skilled yourself while you’re still in school, you’ll improve your chances of achieving your long-term goals. The value that you can provide to the job will strengthen your revenue and social status.
Your choice of profession will change many times between now and then it is the time to choose a profession .your decision should be the final one and not someone else should be able to dictate you here, but yes, educate yourself about your field of interest, its advantages and disadvantages, its importance and astute selection of an institution for maximum enlargement which comprises of healthy and competitive environment to nurture your persona, knowledge and thought process.
No doubt, following your passion or field of interest should be good but get aware about its drawbacks. Various fields you have heard about your surroundings are: Law, Commerce, Computer Applications and IT, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agriculture, Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Sciences, food Technology, Physiotherapy, Nutrition and Dietician, Economics, NDA, Airmen / Army Man, Engineering, Management, Applied Medical Sciences and so on.
In this blog I will guide you towards various other career paths which will give you multiple growths in your revenue. Some of these are:
- Mutual fund advisor
- LIC agent
- General insurance agent
- Housing loan agent
To become a mutual fund advisor, you need to register with http://www.nism.ac.in/ and take up the NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination.
Mutual Funds have become one of the most preferred investment instruments of creating wealth, in the modern age. But the process involved is quite difficult for normal people. It involves collecting the documents, getting the KYC done by filing them. Going through so many schemes, comparing all their details, and not to forget, checking the AMC, is a time-taking, complicated and difficult work.
That is why so many people are still afraid of investing in a long-term investment scheme. And they prefer relying on advice from a professional expert. For them, consulting a Mutual Fund Agent is a necessity.
As a Mutual Fund Agent, you will be in charge of educating potential investors about the benefits of investing in Mutual Fund Schemes and how it will be beneficial for them to achieve their long term financial goals.
As per the SEBI and AMFI Regulations, the Mutual Fund Houses are not to deal with intermediaries who are not registered with AMFI and obtained ARN.
- The minimum qualification is Class 12 or Class 10 with 3 years of Diploma.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 18 years minimum to become a Mutual Fund Agent.
Now you are eligible to apply for the NISM Series VA Mutual Fund Distributors Certification. And get registered with the AMFI (Association of Mutual Fund in India).
- Firstly, Apply for and clear the Certification Examination for Mutual Fund Distributors as held by the NISM series V-A. Secondly, Once you have cleared the NISM Series V-A. Now you are eligible to be an Agent by getting registered with AMFI through CAMS-KRA office.
- Third, you fill your KYD (Know your Distributor) details and fill in the AMFI Registration Form (ARN). It is an Application Form that needs your basic details. These details should match the details provided at the time of the NISM Exam.
- Fourth, you can personally visit any of the CAMS-KRA offices or fill the ARN Application Form online. If you are, however, not KYD compliant, you will have to visit personally only and complete your Biometrics Verification there.
- Fifth, upon completion of the process, you will be delivered your ARN Card within a few days at your registered address.
- Six, ARN is to get registered or empanelled with an AMC or Mutual Fund House. This AMC will provide training, marketing material, guide through sales and, give the Commission for the work completed.
Being a Mutual Fund Agent, your job profile would be:
- To know about the schemes available in the market.
- Comparative analysis of Mutual Fund Plans for investments as compared to other competitive products like Bank FD, EPF, and unit linked plans, shares, and Bonds, etc.
- Help them carry out the transactions related to purchasing, switching, and emancipation.
- Help them regularly on the performance of their portfolio.
Becoming a Mutual Fund Agent is an opportunity that has such a good potential for growth.
Blog by- Ms. Anupam Gupta
Asst. Prof., Department of Commerce & Mangement