“The ministry of Human Resource Development is an Indian government ministry, responsible for the development of human resources.” The Ministry divided in to two Departments of school education and literacy and the department of Higher Education, which deals with secondary and post secondary education.
East while ministry of education now functions under these two departments, as of Sept. 26, 1985.
The ministry of Human Resources Development is headed by a minister of cabinet rank as a member of the council of ministers. The current minister of Human Resource Development is Kapil Sibbal.
The MHRD work through two departments
– Department of School Education
– Department of Higher Education
The main objectives of the ministry would be:-
– Formulating the National Policy on education and to ensure that it is implemented in Letter and spirit.
– Planned development including expending quality of the educational institutions throughout the country including in the regions where people do not have usage access to educations.
– Paying special attention to disadvantaged groups like the poor, females and the minorities.
– Provide financial help in the form of scholarships, loan, & subsidy etc. to deserving students from deprived sectors of the society.
– Encouraging international cooperation in the field of education including working closely with the UNESCO and Foreign Governments as well as universities to in hence the educational opportunities in the country.
Author – Sunita Sharma