“Our progress as a nation can be no swifter than our progress in education. The human mind is our fundamental resource.”
– John F. Kennedy.
You must treat your employees with respect and dignity because in the most automated factory in the world, you need the power of human mind. That is what brings in innovation. If you want high quality minds to work for you, then you must protect the respect and dignity.
Human resource management (HRM, or simply HR) is a function in organizations designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives.HR is primarily concerned with the management of people within organizations, focusing on policies and on systems. HR departments and units in organizations typically undertake a number of activities, including employee benefits design employee recruitment, “training and development”, performance appraisal, and rewarding. HR also concerns itself with industrial relations, that is, the balancing of organizational practices with requirements arising from collective bargaining and from governmental laws.
Why name human resource management?
• Human: refer to the skilled workforce in the organization.
• Resource: refer to limited availability or scarce.
• Management: refer to maximise or proper utilization and make best use of limited and a scarce resource.
Human Resource management includes:
1. conducting job analyses,
2. planning personnel needs, and recruitment,
3. selecting the right people for the job,
4. orienting and training,
5. determining and managing wages and salaries,
6. providing benefits and incentives,
7. appraising performance,
8. resolving disputes,
9. communicating with all employees at all levels. Formerly called personnel management.
10. Maintaining awareness of and compliance with local, state and federal labor laws.
11. These are also called as functions of human resource management for the purpose of effect you utilisation of human resource.