Here are some time management tips you can use to help you get productive and stay balanced at work as well as outside the office.
1. Start within five minutes of sitting down at your desk and switching on your computer. Half an hour or an hour wasted here on procrastination or a distraction is costly.
2. Value your time and other people will do the same.
3. End your working day at a fixed time.
5. Do a time audit for one week and look at exactly where your time is going.
6. Taking the results of your time audit, think about where you might want to redistribute a little of your time. What could do with a little more time spent on it? .
7. Who drains your time?
8. What drains your energy?
9. Take mini breaks when you need them during the day to recharge and refocus.
10. Anything that marks the end of one year or the start of a new year is a good time to look back at how you’ve spent your time in the year just gone. Looking at this, how do you want to spend your time in the year ahead? Will you spend it in the same way, or make some changes?
Author: Dr. Sakshi Arora