Promotional Advertising and its means
Definition:– It is also known as ‘display advertising’. It includes the efforts made to increase the sales in and out of the shop. These efforts are hinged around the concept of display. Display implies arranging something for view. Promotional advertising demonstrates products directly and tells about the selling points indirectly. It includes the following means/channels:-
1. Window display- Windows are face of the shop. If these are nicely arranged , the customers are attracted to enter the shop. Window serves as an introduction of seller to buyers. They are used as an indicator of status of the firm.
2. Interior display- Glass cupboards and sunglass showcases are arranged inside the shop for interior display. It builds the trust of customers. It makes the shop bright and attractive.
3. Instore commercials- These are audio-visual displays of products shown on tv sets hung from the ceiling, usually over check out counters.
4. Counter display- It includes cut-outs, posters, display cards, and eye catching arrangement of goods on the counter.
5. Exhibitions- An exhibition ios a huge fair where many producers display their products for dealers and consumers. They may be local, national or international. It is a ready market to sell the products.
6. Trade fairs- These are commercial fairs in which producers are invited to display and demonstrate their products. These are huge and elaborate, and reach retailers as well as individual customers.
7. Samples- Some producers distribute samples to prospective consumers so that they can test the product. The idea behind it is that the product ”will sell itself”, if once used.