Ragging of students in any form is strictly prohibited within and outside the campus. An anti-ragging squad is in operation under the overall charge of the dean. Students are advised to bring cases of ragging (either on the college campus or hostel) to the notice of the dean or deputy director student’s affair or the teacher guardians or respective hostel wardens. The offenders shall be liable for punishment with imprisonment up to 3-years and fines up to Rs. -25000/- . Offenders may be expelled from the institution.
A. The Anti- Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
B. The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the following punishments, namely;
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period.
- Leaving certificate/migratory certificate will contain remarks associated with the offense related to ragging